Where you are right now:
- Unsure, or
- Really fit and ready for a challenge, or
- Used to be fit and can do more than just a beginner workout, or
- Ok I’m done having kids and this baby weight finally has to go, or
- My career is kicking into overdrive which is great but I need to take care of myself, or
- I need to lose a significant amount of weight and thinking about starting is emotionally overwhelming, or
- I need a serious injection of confidence
So you picked one. Or you picked a few. Either way, you made the best decision – YOU ARE READY TO MAKE A CHANGE. You are going to start moving today and start eating better today. That’s it.
My team name is LOL, which stands for:
- Laugh out loud
- Live out Loud
- Love our Life
- Live out loud
- League of Legends
- Little Old Ladies
- Labor of Love
- Loads of Laughs
- Lots of Love
(You get the picture).
Team LOL has private Facebook groups for each team that starts each month. It’s small. It’s personal. It’s private. It’s a safe space to celebrate small success.
What is it not? It’s not judgmental. It’s not competitive. No one will try to get you to make bad decisions. No one will talk negatively. No one will put their own personal issues upon you as you’re starting to change your life.
You will get encouragement EVERY SINGLE DAY for the length of your entire challenge from me and others. You’ll be in both the LOL group and in the FROM ACCOUNTABILITY TO SUCCESS group on Facebook.
I’m going to ask you to do some things that may be uncomfortable. For example:
- You will have to weigh yourself and write it down. Just for you. One time at least, because if you don’t know where you started from, you don’t know where you’re going.
- You will have to measure yourself. It’s a pain but you will be happy you did it.
- You will have to take a picture of yourself in a sports bra or with your shirt off if you’re a guy. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO SHARE THAT. But you will have it so that you can see how far you come in 21 days. If you really are feeling brave, put your bathing suit on!
- You will have to commit to: exercising daily, eating better, or both. Not everyone needs to do everything, and not everyone can really mentally do it all, but if you want to see a change, you probably need to do change your eating to be healthier, and you need to workout 30 minutes a day.
- Post your exercise daily on Facebook in LOL. Double post in Accountability to Success if you want – and post to your regular Facebook if you want your friends to cheer you on! The more you commit to it, the less likely you are to quit, and the more likely you are to get a lot of encouragement to keep you going.
When you LOL, this means you are committing to sticking with a routine. It could be one week, 21 days or a 3 month program. You may do both the nutrition plan and workouts, or just one of those – but you are doing what you committed to do. You don’t have to do Shakeology but I find it definitely makes me feel better and increases the likelihood that I complete the plan.
That’s it. Just promise yourself you won’t quit. You can invest in yourself. Not easy but just do it – workout. Questions? Email me @ firstname.lastname@example.org.
I believe in you!